The Midwife Group provides a full range of prenatal services:
- Pregnancy testing
- Prenatal care
- Laboratory services
- Ultrasound availability
- Birth and baby care classes
- Prenatal Care “Plus” – Our value added prenatal care!
Women whose babies are due around the same time come together for prenatal care, sharing, socializing and learning. These sessions are scheduled in the same frequency as traditional prenatal care. A nurse midwife leads each group meeting. The baby’s father or another support person is welcome to attend with you.
A woman’s body is beautifully designed to grow and birth and nurture a baby. This process is enabled by your self-care:
- Learn as much as possible.
- Think about where you choose to give birth.
- Choose a health care provider who helps build your confidence for pregnancy and childbirth.
- Eat a well-balanced diet and drink lots of water.
- Avoid substances that may be dangerous for you and your baby -such as cigarettes, alcohol, and street drugs.
- Stay active.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Talk to your baby and enjoy your growing bond.
- Try to minimize the stress in your life and practice stress management techniques.
- Plan your baby’s birth. For most women, birth is normal, natural, and healthy. Learn what happens during childbirth and ways to cope with labor.
- Enjoy this special time in your life!