The Midwife Group and Birth Center was developed out of the following beliefs:
- The care of the childbearing family is an integral and legitimate aspect of primary care.
- Pregnancy and Childbirth are normal, physiologic functions that are enhanced by excellent professional and self care
- Childbearing women and their families have the right to choose the setting from which they receive care and give birth.
- Low risk childbearing women and their healthy newborns can be safely cared for in a primary care setting
- A birth setting that is “low tech” but “high touch” enhances the dignity and inherent strength of the childbearing woman and her family.
- Nurse midwives can safely provide competent and compassionate care to low risk childbearing women and their health newborns.
- Women have the right to choose a Certified Nurse Midwife as their primary care provider.